Experiencing itching on a woman's breasts happens every now and then. Each woman would need to manage itchy breast, since it could be very unpleasant as well as annoying. Once the itch worsens, it can be even uncomfortable to put on a bra. It is only ordinary to have itching breasts, but when it becomes recurrent and irritating, it might be wise to visit a doctor to get it examined since it could be a sign of breast cancer.
If your breasts are itching, it could be a manifestation of breast cancer. Breast cancer has two types; inflammatory and Paget's disease wherein both have symptoms of itching. Itching breasts, associated with painful and swelling breasts are probably signs of breast cancer. Even so, itchiness in the breast can be another sign of other concerns such as dry skin, allergy or irritation. Consequently not every itch in your breast could be malignant.
Whenever you experience an itchy breast, you shouldn't be worried right away. First of all, you have to do is to figure out what's the reason for the itch.
There might be different explanations why itching of your breasts happen. It can be one of the following:
• If the body wash or soap you are using is too strong and harsh on the skin
• Skin allergies
• Strong laundry soap
• Heat rashes
• Strong and new perfume
Women having bigger breasts also have larger dangers to experience the condition a lot more severely. This is because their skin underneath the breast fold is covered which are normally afflicted. Occasionally, these breast folds can broaden to nearly up the underarm region.
Itchy breast might not be that major problem; nevertheless, it's important to consider proper care of your breasts to avoid the appearance of rashes itching, and soreness.
* Carefully examine your nipples and breast. If you are able to find skin patches surrounding the area of the nipples, these could be dry skin patches. Use a gentle sponge as well as mild soap in washing your breasts to lightly clean away the dry skin.
* Always use a comfortable as well as clean bra to avoid possible developing of bacteria which could result to itchy breast.
* When you fell that your skin is dry, apply and anti-itch cream around the breast area. The cream must contain menthol, analgesic and camphor and has only 1% strength to ensure a mild and safe cream on your breast’s skin.
* You don’t need to wear bra all the time especially when you’re only at home and sleeping. This will relax your breast from being strained from wearing bra each time.
Cracked and itchy nipples are sometimes indications of eczema. This condition frequently occurs in teenagers which usually inflicts both nipples. To help relieve the itchiness, apply topical steroid on the nipples. In case you suspected that the itchiness on your breasts especially the nipples is caused b y eczema, you must seek the advice of a doctor. This may lead to a more serious condition like breast cancer.
This condition usually occurs in middle-aged females which has symptoms of burning and feeling sensation. Another condition which can cause itching of the breast in called the Jogger nipple. It is caused by friction from your bra, tight clothing and intense activities like long distance jogging and running. The itchy feeling can be relieved by applying petroleum jelly and other gentle cream.
It may normally occur in many women but itchy breast is a condition you shouldn’t just ignore since it may lead to a more serious condition especially if the itchiness is recurrent. Taking the necessary precaution even in what we think is just a mild condition, is still very important to avoid getting serious health problems.